Terms and Conditions of CRM Membership Program
The CRM Membership Program of HONG KONG MARKET 香港街市 (“HONG KONG MARKET”, “The Company”, “We”, “us”, “our”) is provided by Koruru New Retail Limited (The Appointed Service Provider). Please carefully read the following Terms and Conditions of CRM Membership Program (“CRM”). By applying this Membership Program, you agree to be bound by the Terms described herein and all Terms Incorporated by Reference. If you do not agree to all of these Terms, do not participate in this program.
How to Apply for Membership
- Customers must first register as Members of HONG KONG MARKET (“Members”) register at the market concierge by entering the required information and an SMS authentication code.
- Applicants must ensure that the information submitted on the registration form is authentic, accurate, complete, not misleading and without any elements of fraud.
- Each applicant can register once only. Membership is non-transferable. The registered member name must be the same as the one on the related electronic payment receipts.
- The telephone number is an important key to the membership. Each telephone number can be registered for one membership account only. The registered telephone number must be verified to activate the account and receive membership notifications or promotion. If Applicants cannot provide a valid telephone number or the registration is duplicated, his/ her application will not be proceeded.
- The application of a physical Company membership card would require HK$20 administration fee. If the applicant holds a Senior Citizen Card or like the designated HONG KONG MARKET Fans Page of Facebook, the relevant administration fee can be waived. Once the administration fee is charged, it is non-refundable.
- Member’s registered name (both Chinese and English) and date of birth must be identical to that on their identification proof, in order to serve gift redemption and verification purpose, if necessary.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse any application of membership. In case of any disputes, our decision shall be absolute and final.
Eligibility & Membership
- The Company reserves the right to determine whether an Applicant is eligible to join the Membership Program and the membership status of the Applicant at its sole discretion. Our decision on whether an Applicant’s eligibility to become a Member is final.
- Physical membership card will be issued to successful applicants, Members must present the membership card for registering events / activities, earning Membership Points, enjoying Members’ benefits or redeeming rewards, including but not limited to gifts, vouchers, services (hereafter named as “Rewards”). When we have been provided with the membership card and any other documents that we may reasonably require for identity verification purpose, we shall be entitled to assume that the holder or bearer of the membership card has the authority to act for the Member in all matters relating to the programme, matters, activities, private events, earning Membership Points, redemptions of Rewards (hereafter named as “Program”) and the Member is bound by the act of the said holder or bearer of the membership card.
- In the Company’s sole opinion, if a Member abuses or misuses any of the rights and privileges under the Program or fails to comply with any of the terms and conditions herein or makes any misrepresentation to us or submits any documents which are not valid or genuine or which are obtained through improper means or which could be subsequently invalidated or cancelled, the Company reserves the right to terminate the Member’s membership or suspend the services to such Member including the rights to participate in the Programme, to earn Membership Points and to redeem Rewards or to revoke or reverse or forfeit all or any of the points that have been earned by the Member. Our decision shall be absolute and final.
- Members shall provide their latest and valid contact details to us and our Appointed Service Provider, including email address and telephone number, to ensure that all communications under the Program can be sent to the Member properly. Member shall immediately notify us and the Appointed Service Provider if there is any change of their contact details.
- If you wish to access or update your personal data, request relevant Terms and Conditions, choose not to receive direct marketing information from our Company and our Appointed Service Provider and the type of personal data held by us, please email us at email@example.com or visit the customer service counter at HONG KONG MARKET.
- The Membership Points and Rewards shall only be used by the Member and cannot be resold to third parties or exchanged for cash.
- Member can earn Membership Points with their physical membership card upon the actual spending amount at the particular merchants who has joined the membership program at HONG KONG MARKET.
- Member will receive 1 Point for every actual spending amount of HK$10 per purchase at merchants inside HONG KONG MARKET (i.e. 0.1 Points for every purchase of HK$1. Example: 1.5 Points for every HK$15 spent and so on).
- Membership Points will not be awarded in decimals. For example, HK$53.9 purchase will only be considered as HK$53 when rewarding Membership Points.
- For each transaction, each POS check-out system has different upper limit on the Membership Points earn, that said the limit shall be updated from time to time in accordance with the latest Membership Scheme. Before making each transaction, Members could check with the staff for the latest upper limit on Membership Points earn. After making a transaction, Members are advised to verify the Membership Points earned from the purchase via Kiosk, which is set up across the store. Should you have any queries, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To view the cumulative Membership Points’ records, Members can check the Membership Point balance by tapping his/ her membership card on kiosk at HONG KONG MARKET to check the Membership Point balance. Those Membership Points that uploaded to the server, can be redeemed/ used after 07:00am of the following day.
- Membership Points are based on the Company’s system records. In the event of any dispute, the Company reserves the right of final decision.
- The validity period of the Membership Points is from the effective date to 31 December of the following year, i.e. if the effective date of the Membership Point is 1 September, 2020, Points will be expired on 31 December, 2021. All expired points will be automatically forfeited without prior notice and will not be eligible for redeeming Rewards.
- Membership Points have no cash value, and are not exchangeable for cash. They cannot be sold, purchased, assigned, or exchanged, except as specifically provided in the terms herein or as may be allowed in special programme(s) by the Company at its sole discretion. Whenever such special programme(s) shall be organised or launched by the Company , the terms and conditions herein shall continue to apply.
- The Company reserves the right to change and amend these Terms and Conditions herein including those relating to Membership Points earning at any time and from time to time at the Company’s sole discretion.
- The Company may, at its sole discretion, deduct from Member’s remaining Points:
- which are suspected to be fraudulently or incorrectly recorded or earned by Member;
- relating to any transaction which is cancelled or does not exist;
- recorded in error; and
- which has already expired and / or cannot be used for redemption of Rewards.
Gift Redemption & Membership Activities
- Member may use unexpired Membership Points to redeem gifts / Rewards or to take part in a Members’ activities based on the available offers. Points will be deducted on a first-in-first-out basis. Any redemption is subject to Member having adequate Points and all gifts / Rewards are subject to stock availability, which will be based on first-come, first-served basis. Members are advised to check the availability of the gifts / Rewards / services before making any purchase(s) and / or making any redemption. Members acknowledge that gifts, Rewards or services available for redemption will be limited in supply or limited for redemption within certain period and agree that no claim or complaint could be made against and no compensation would be offered by the Company, if the gifts, Rewards or services intended for redemption by Members by utilising those unexpired points are not available. Members are responsible for checking the latest information from the Company regularly before redeeming gifts / Rewards or taking part in Members’ activities by using unexpired Points.
- All redemptions are to be made before the date specified in the Programme (if any) and subject to the accumulation of adequate points and our final acceptance according to the terms and conditions set out herein. The Company will deduct the Membership Points required for the redemption from the Member’s account.
- Photos of the gifts or Rewards are for reference. Members shall make no complaint if any difference is found.
- Redemption of the Rewards must be completed on or before the specified date contained in promotional materials such as redemption letter or redemption voucher. Any Member who fails to do so for any reason will not be eligible for redemption of the Rewards concerned or for any substitution or replacement. For the avoidance of doubt, the points used in the redemption may not be returned or credited back to the Member notwithstanding that the Rewards redeemed has not been collected or utilised or in the case of vouchers, neither The Company will be responsible for the merchandise, products and services redeemable at or awarded by The Company through the use of the vouchers, or the operation of the redeemed / rewarded items / services or any damage, loss arising from usage of the redeemed / rewarded items.
- All product warranties or enquiries on the gift redeemed / rewarded shall be referred to the original supplier or manufacturer directly. Any dispute concerning the gift / service (quality, functionality, safety, durability, suitability or otherwise) shall be settled between Member and the supplier or manufacturer concerned that supplied the redeemed / rewarded items. Except any limited warranty of the products specifically provided by the Company, the Company is not liable for any product warranty or safety issues nor for the quality or suitability of the same and will bear no responsibility for resolving such disputes on behalf of the Members with the supplier or manufacturer concerned.
- The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to discontinue an item or to substitute a similar item at any time without notice prior to that item being redeemed. The Company provides no guarantee that any particular Rewards will remain available for the entire term of the redemption period.
- Members may request for a card replacement at the concierge in-store if the original card is lost/damaged. A fee of HK$20 will be charged for card replacement. Fees paid are not refundable.
Termination of Membership
Members may terminate their membership any time. If a Member wishes to cancel his or her membership, please email us at email@example.com. When the membership is terminated, all Membership Points in the account will be forfeited immediately. Once the membership is cancelled, Members are required to apply again if he/she wish to re-join the Membership Scheme.
General Terms & Conditions
- The Company reserves the right to amend at its sole discretion the terms and conditions, membership tiers and Rewards or terminate, restrict, suspend, withdraw or otherwise alter the membership Rewards or the membership programme at any time without prior notice. Members could check with the latest version of the Terms and Conditions on our website.
- If the Company suspects that any person, whether a Member or not, is abusing the Company membership system, including the Points, Rewards and the Programme, the Company shall have the right to suspend or refuse the accumulation of Points, redemption of gifts, Rewards or services, or participation in the Programme pending investigation of the matter in addition to those remedies available in law. The Company’s decision regarding the suspension or termination of membership shall be conclusive.
- If the Company considers that, a Member has abused any of the Member’s rights, fails to comply with any of these terms and conditions or makes any misrepresentation to the Company, the Company shall have the right to suspend or to terminate the Member’s membership and revoke or forfeit all points that have been earned or redeemed by the Member and require the Member to account for the Rewards redeemed. If there are any disputes, the Company’s decision shall be final and conclusive.
Personal Information Collection Statement
The Company and The CRM Program Appointed Service Provider is committed to preserve the confidentiality of your personal data collected and obtained from the application form. To ensure that you can make informed decisions and feel confident about providing us with your personal data, we outline in this notice our practices and the choice you have concerning the collection and use of your personal data.
Type of Personal Information Collected
- The type of Personal Information we collect from you will depend on the specific type of services and products as requested by or provided to you for the purposes mentioned in paragraph 2 below. Personal Information you may be required to provide includes, but not limited to:
- Your name, gender, age group, month of birth, housing estate;
- Contact information, including but not limited to telephone numbers and email address;
- Your information, such as, occupation.
Purpose of Collecting Personal Information
- We may use your Personal Information so that we can provide the services and products you have requested. The purposes for the collection of Personal Information includes but not limited to:
- For the supply of products, services and facilities;
- The use of any membership or other reward programmes.
The personal data provided by Members is required for the operation of the Company and The CRM Program Appointed Service Provider, which includes the issue of Rewards and provide benefits. Personal data may also be used for research, programme development and for providing news and information to Members. Failure by Members to provide or keep up to date personal data might result in the Company and The CRM Program Appointed Service Provider being unable to offer membership and associated Rewards to Members.
We will not disclose your Personal Information to any third parties for direct marketing purposes without your prior consent.
This Statement was last updated on January 31, 2021.